Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Little Snippets

The holidays were here and now they are gone. Christmas was wonderful. We read our story, went out for last minute things we forgot, had a fire, opened presents one by one, went for a big family walk - all in all it was a good calm day. As calm as Christmas day can be with 9 people in the house. Even dinner went well. Everything was cooked nicely and tasted good.

Boxing day was hectic. We had all the grand parents over and the kids were just psychotic and there was so much stuff and it was just so loud. Even I, the people person, the social person, was overwhelmed by the end of it so I have no idea how the non social people handled it. It was nice to visit with and see everybody that we don't get to see often though.

Then I went away for 4 days for work and came back in time to get ready for the New Years Eve gathering we were having. We had some friends over with their kids. Had appy's, mulled wine, sparklers and good conversation. The kids ran around and jumped on everything. It was more fun that I expected it to be, and a better tradition that I normally have of fighting with everyone.

Craftymama told us her resolutions, which are not mine to share. I have goals not resolutions. A big goal of mine, like everyone, is to get in shape. Over the past 10 months I have lost about 45lbs, I want to lose another 50. I want to run the westwood lake 6k and polar bear swim next near years day. I think I can accomplish this. With working it will be hard to find time to exercise which I really need to do, so I would like to get a treadmill. But that's a lofty dream.

1 month of bankruptcy is done...only 8 more to track receipts for. It's annoying to have to keep receipts for everything. Our problem was not that we spent our money frivolously, our problem was tat damn house. But whatever, 1 down - 8 to go.

BigR has been having some issues acting out lately. He has been caught stealing and breaking windows on the property so he will be doing some work around the farm for our landlord and we will be fixing those windows - thank goodness glassman is a glazier. I wish I knew how to help him deal with whatever it is he is dealing with. he is just so moody and dark and downright rude sometimes. I know kids grow up and change, but BigR was the sweetest of the bunch. I hope he grows out of this stage soon.

I will also update people on relationships. This blog started out as a Poly blog - and it looks like we will be heading that way again. Glassman has lived with us officially since June I believe, and things have just grown naturally and progressed with the three of us. We aren't using labels, and we are taking things much slower than we did in the past. We are also communicating a lot better than we did before. I think its the maturity thing - we have all matured so much in the last few years. It's nice, and these two people are my family. No matter what happens they are part of my family forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment