Monday, November 24, 2014

Work and Relationships

So I've been at my new job for..well..5.5 days (I'm on my lunch break on day 6 right now). I was originally hired as an office assistant as the one they have is going back to school. Evidently, I made quite the impression on them because I was told, if I wanted it, I could move into the Wholesale Account Manager position and do sales. So I started that today. Already I have made two sales. Well, I guess 1.5. One was completely mine, and the other I had taken over an account from the person who previously held this position and completed her follow-ups to make the sale. Still pretty impressive. I like talking on the phone and dealing with people - it will be nice when I can do it on my own and not have someone watching over me, but I'm still new in the position so the boss still sits beside me as I make phone calls and reads over my emails before they are sent. It's only been a week, I need to be patient. To be bad patience is not one of my virtues - never has been.

The three of us had relationship talks last night. Those are always fun and interesting. For the most part glassman was confused on where he stood with us, and I, as always, was concise and dealt with things quickly. I just said my piece - which was that I still loved him, and probably always would, and that I like where our relationship was. Glassman and I have never really been super affectionate lovey people with each other, it's just not who we are. Instead we wrestle, randomly dance in the kitchen, and I try to give him wet willies. I like that - I don't want that to change. As for what happened with glassman and craftymama - I don't know. They think so similarly, and neither of them really enjoy talking, so I went to bed to let them work it out, but I don't think anything was. All I know is that there are no labels, no comparisons; things just are as they are for the three of us. We are a family and we will stick together and by each other through everything. We've made that commitment. That's what's really important here.

No comments:

Post a Comment