Saturday, April 12, 2014

Moving Forward

Craftymama and I are on our way to making changes in our family. We are moving to a more vegan-esque style of eating, much to the boys' dismay I'd imagine. She has planted things. She makes our own bread and rice milk - I just need to get used to it in my morning coffee. I depend on my morning coffee greatly.

I'm going to start running again, I did it once a couple of weeks ago, and it was hard - but it felt good. I need to shed this extra weight. I feel capable of making changes on a personal level so I need to act on that while it is is still here because I don't know how long it's going to last for this time around.

J is nearly mobile now, he pushes himself around on his belly when he is on the floor - though he spends most of the time in one of our arms. LittleR has entered a very attitudey place and I don't like it one little bit. She has always had the ability to press my buttons in a way none of the other kids can, and she is doing that. BigR is enjoying Spring Break away from school. He knows he is going to be homeschooled next year.

We were looking into the 4H program for him as an activity to do, and it is right up his alley. There isn't a program for his age group running in the cowichan area though, so we would have to start one. That's something I am considering. I have to stop assuming all group programs are going to be like the one I was in, because they won't be. I need to give it a chance.

We went to Victoria the other day for a day trip and had so much fun. We went to this neighbourhood called Fairfield, and it was so adorable and cute, and I would move there in a flash - even though I despise Victoria. I am still hoping we get to Salt Spring Island next week, craftymama has never been, and I'd love to take her and the kids.

Still trying to figure out what to do about the house, but decisions are coming. Sooner rather than later. Also trying to figure out what to do for work. We have some ideas, and if we could turn those ideas into actual money making things then we would be set. But, who says you have to work a 9-5 Monday to Friday job. We have done nothing else the normal way in our lives, why start now?

No comments:

Post a Comment